Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's a Baby...(warning: super long gushy baby love post!)

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it! I am so super blessed; I have my sweet angel boy and now I'm going to have my precious girl. God is so good and He really knows what He is doing! So anyway, yesterday after finding out I just had to go shopping! ;) My husband took Bongo to Stomping Grounds and there just happened to be a Babies R Us in the same shopping center so off I went. I was proud of myself...I didn't go crazy and buy every cute thing I saw. As a matter of fact, I was much more picky than I thought I would be. I searched high and low for the perfect clothes and I finally settled on a 3 pack of Carters soft cotton t's (she'll be a summer baby...it's cool to lounge around in t's and a diaper!) and an adorable onesie and pants from Koala Baby (cream colored onesie with embroidered butterfly and peach pants with cream polka dots...so pretty!) Here are the t-shirts:


Last night I was looking on Etsy and all I kept thinking was thank goodness hubby's new position and raise start April 1!!!! I kid, I kid. I plan on being wise (or trying to) when it comes to buying baby stuff. It's just so hard to resist all that yummy pinkness! Here are a few things I found and love on Etsy:


Is this not the sweetest little crocheted hat ever? Love it! I found it here at Zoe Lynn Designs.


Love this painting from Galerie Anais. I'm thinking I could probably make something similar to this with all the art and craft supplies I have. It most likely wouldn't be as cute as hers, but hey, baby girl won't mind! :)


Pretty burpcloths! (Gracious Creations) My son was such a spitter. I almost hate to buy and use such pretty burp cloths if they're just going to get all dirty! lol Maybe I'll just use the cheap burpies at home and then take the pretty ones with us when we go out!

I also need a cute nursing cover thing. I found a tutorial for one so I'll attempt to sew one for myself but if that doesn't work out, I'll need to buy one. Know of any other good shops with lots of adorable girly stuff? If so, please let me know!

Thanks for letting me share my good news!

5 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Beachski said...

Oh congratulations! You're so blessed - I think one boy and one girl is so perfect! You get to experience it all. The pictures you posted were super cute - especially the little hat! In response to the comment you posted on my blog, yes, you really should find a day to come down to the beach - I think you'll be AMAZED at what they did adding all that sand after the storm - the beach is actually really big and really nice now!
Anyway, I can't wait to find out more about the little one as time goes on! My sister-in-law is having a baby at the end of this month and it's the first baby in our family since we were kids! We're very excited to meet him!

Monica said...

I am so happy for you my friend!
I know exactly how you felt , I had to go shopping and just buy something when I found out what Preston was. He has those exact same t-shirts but in blue of course , and he had the elephant one on this week with some little cotton pants , i love them!
Great etsy finds I will have to email you a few I have marked as well.
Anymore names yet?

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Ooohhhhh...I am so excited for you. Congrats on the news of your sweet little baby girl. And good luck with the trying not to buy everything in sight. After having two boys and then having two girls, it was way too much fun shopping for girl stuff. Let's face it...it's so much cuter and much more fun to shop for girly girl stuff! There is an endless supply of ultra cool, ultra fab girl clothes, shoes, gear, accessories, etc. Anyhoo...good luck with that! Thank goodness for raises and promotions, right?

Nichole said...

I really enjoyed your blog site! I wish you all the best with your growing family.